It’s already been eight years since Sean Ellis coined the term growth hacking. If you remember, a few years ago, everyone was talking about it to the point that many people got sick of it.
It was so crazy that people were using the concept only to clickbait visitors and drive traffic to their site, whether they owned a Shopify store, a blog, or a company website.
Fast-forward to 2018, and we can see that growth hacking has stopped being a buzzword for a while now.
Despite this, your Shopify online store can benefit from using growth hack tactics because it will help you achieve growth by leveraging smart, creative ways.
Here are five smart techniques you can implement to grow your eCommerce business.
1. Handwritten Thank-You Notes
You’ve probably heard about this idea before, but the reason we want to mention it again in this article is that it can genuinely help you crush the competition and leverage word of mouth.
Personalization is critical in this day and age, and handwritten Thank-You notes are a great tool that can add that well-needed personal touch to every order.
A Thank-You email is a nice gesture, but a handwritten note placed in a customer’s order can help you create a meaningful relationship with them, provide an unforgettable experience, and encourage them to come back to your Shopify store.
Here are our best tips when it comes to writing handwritten Thank-You notes:
- Use the customer’s name. This is personalization 101. Also, it’s common courtesy to use the person’s name in the note.
- Say more than “thank you.” Sure, the entire point of sending the handwritten note is to say thank you, but we recommend going the extra mile by adding something more to it. For example, you can write a tip regarding the product they purchased or a reference to it.
- Use personalized note cards. The way the cards are designed is important as well, not just what you write inside them. It’s essential that the design reflects your business so that it can be easily recognizable. People like posting photos of Thank-You notes on social media, so they need to be as good-looking as possible.
- Sign off with your name. Whether it’s you or another person who’s in charge of writing the note, it’s important that they use their name and that the card won’t be signed with the company name. You can even include a smiley face to come across as friendly and approachable.
2. Host a Giveaway
To organize a successful giveaway, you need to keep these tips in mind:
- Set clear goals. You need to ask yourself what you are trying to achieve by organizing the giveaway. Do you want more followers on one of your social media accounts, more demand for your products, or to generate more awareness for your brand maybe? It’s important to define this before you start planning.
- Decide on the prize. We recommend considering two options: giving away products from a new collection you’re launching or creating limited edition products specifically for the giveaway. Both ideas can generate a lot of buzz around your brand. The first one because people always want to be the first ones to own an item from a new collection. The second idea because only a few people will own limited edition products that won’t be available for purchase anywhere else.
- Collaborate with influencers and bloggers. Influencer marketing is a significant trend right now, and you should definitely include influencers in your strategy to maximize the giveaway’s reach. Depending on the niche of your Shopify store, you should try and find bloggers and influencers who are active in the same market as you.
The purpose of hosting a giveaway is to attract more interest in your products, which is why we don’t recommend using an iPhone X or a prize that is not related to your brand.
By making it unique and memorable, you will attract the right audience to your online store.
3. Add Distribution Incentives
Customers get most excited when they receive the order from you and they get to test out the product they purchased.
It represents the moment when you can use a few different tactics to encourage them to talk about your brand on social media and help you build more visibility through word of mouth.
Here are a couple of ideas you can implement:
- Ask them to post about their order. Include a cute card to encourage them to share their purchase on social media. Whether it’s on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, tell them to tag you in their photo and even use a special hashtag that you’ve created especially for this purpose. The cooler the packaging, the higher the chances that your customers will share pictures with their purchases. Whenever you see someone tagging you or using the hashtag, don’t forget to reply to their posts and like them.
- Add an incentive. If the cute packaging doesn’t cut it, then you can go the extra mile and include a free small gift with every purchase, or a discount on their next order. The discount can be for the customers or to share with their followers on social media, friends, or family.
This type of user-generated content represents direct proof that your company is reliable, and it will encourage other people to buy from you.
Growth Hack Your Shopify Store the Right Way
When you run an online store, you have to think about the competition and come up with strategies that will help you attract more customers – and keep them coming back.
Using marketing to gain new customers can be quite expensive, which is why we recommend leveraging these growth hacks instead.
The greatest benefit of using them is that your customers will do the marketing for you. So, you’ll spend less money on it.
We hope you’ll find our tips helpful and that you will implement them for your Shopify store as soon as possible.
Latest posts by April (see all)
- WordPress SEO Checklist – 45 Tips to Increase Traffic by 500% - June 22, 2018
- Lesson 6: Secrets, Dark Social And Posting Like a Social Media Rockstar - June 8, 2018
- Why Squirrly Is the Best Option for Woocommerce SEO - June 7, 2018